When the weather outside is frightful, let Fleet Feet help you stay active and motived this winter! You’ll accrue points, prizes, meet people, and enjoy a fun time!
The Winter Warrior Program is for everyone, all ages and all ability levels—walkers and runners, beginners and seasoned veterans, recreational exercisers, and fitness fanatics—we don't care. We just want YOU! There are a few rules, but this rule is the most important rule: NO WHINING ABOUT THE COLD!
The Winter Warrior Program starts with a Kick-Off Party on Tuesday, December 16th, 2014 at 6:30 p.m. and concludes with a Winter Warrior 5K Fun Run on Saturday February 7th , 2015 at 8 a.m. There will be a Winter Warrior Ceremony after the Winter Warrior 5K Fun Run at Fleet Feet Sports Fort Wayne at 9:30 a.m.
Informational Meetings: Thursday, December 4 at 6:30pm and Thursday, December 11 at 6:30 p.m. at Fleet Feet Sports Fort Wayne 5661 Coventry Lane, Fort Wayne, IN 46804.
WHAT DOES THE WINTER WARRIOR PROGRAM INCLUDE?
- Kick-off Party on Tuesday December 16th at 6:30 p.m. at Fleet Feet Sports Fort Wayne
- Prizes, including water bottles, totes, medals, etc.
- Special discounts on apparel, shoes, and electronics
- Motivating group workouts
- Special Winter Warrior Program events
- Fun people to be with (and commiserate with you) during the winter weather
- A warm, dry place to start and finish workouts where you can store your keys.
- All of this for the cost of $65 per aspiring Winter Warrior!
The Winter Warrior Program is based on the amount of points accrued by participating in workouts. Plus, if you attend 100% of the workouts, then you'll receive a $25 gift certificate to Fleet Feet Sports Fort Wayne!
At the conclusion of the program, the person with the most points will be deemed THE WINTER WARRIOR! You’ll have the honor and privilege of having your name on the Winter Warrior Cup. You will also receive a Fleet Feet Sports Grand Prize Award. Although the Cup will be kept on display at Fleet Feet Sports for all to see, you will also have the opportunity to hoist the Cup after your win and drink sparkling wine from it!
WHAT ARE THE TIMES OF THE WINTER WARRIOR PROGRAM?
- Tuesdays at 6:30 P.M. – Fun Run / or Mystery Workout. (You never really know what type of fun thing (Yoga for Runners, CrossFit, cross country skiing, holiday light run/walk, etc.) we have planned for you. Nervous? Don’t worry about it. Your Winter Warrior Guide promises that this will be a fun time for everyone. You never know when we’ll have a local fitness celebrity at the store keeping things exciting for the evening.)
- Thursdays at 6:30 P.M. – Happy Hour Run/Walk. (This is a 3 mile run/walk that is followed by beers at a local pub/brewery. We may have a surprise event on a Friday to help you earn extra points. Are you able to guess what it may be?)
- Saturdays at 8 A.M. – Carb Run/Walk. (This is a 3 to 6 mile run/walk around Fort Wayne. There is always the option to increase the distance. Why do we call it a Carb Run/Walk? Good question. We occasionally like to eat these things, so there will be the opportunity to eat “awesomely delicious” carbs on Saturdays.)
WHAT CAN YOU WIN ALONG THE WAY?
- 10 points - a prize.
- 20 points - a good prize.
- 30 points - a Winter Warrior type Prize.
- 40 points - a better than gooder prize.
- 50 points - an even better prize.
- 60 points - "A Way to Go" and excellent prize
- Over 70 points - the enjoyment of knowing you are in great shape now and on your way to being a top WINTER WARRIOR.
- The winner of the Winter Warrior Program will receive a Trophy and Special Fleet Feet Sports Prize Award
HOW DO YOU ACCRUE POINTS?
- Register and participate in any of the Fleet Feet Sports Fort Wayne Winter Warrior Program workouts. You MUST do the workout to accrue points.
- Each Fleet Feet Sports Fort Wayne Activity/Run/Walk is valued at 5 points with following exceptions:
- Participation in the Ugly Sweater Run on Thursday, December 18 is worth 10 points,
- Participation in the Winter Warrior 5K Fun Run on Saturday, February 7 is worth 10 points, and
- Participation in any Special Winter Warrior Program Event is worth 15 points.
Click here to Register
Program Start: ex: Sunday, January 18th, 6:00pm
Program Fee: ex: $100 excluding race fee